As I mentioned in my previous post, yesterday was the final day you could redeem Wave 1 of the custom Metroid Prime Remastered avatar icons that you can get only through the Nintendo Switch Online service. Wave 2 is now available through March 16th.
I’ve seen many people online confused with what should be a relatively easy process. Since it seems y’all need your hands held through this process, here’s what you do:
- On the Switch home screen, open Nintendo Switch Online.
- Scroll down to Missions & Rewards and hit A.
- Metroid Prime Remastered is the first available selection. The custom icons can be redeemed there. Use your dpad to select the icon and push A to redeem.
Once you’ve redeemed them, create your icon. You do this, once again, on Nintendo Switch Online.
- Use your dpad to highlight the red box in the upper left corner. It should show your existing profile pic and your name, and what kind of membership you have. Push A.
- Highlight Create Icon + and push A.
- Select Metroid Prime Remastered.
- Choose from randomly-generated icons or scroll down to Create your Icon and build one yourself.
It’s really that simple. For the billionth time, you need to have a NSO subscription to get these. If you don’t have NSO, then you can’t get them. NSO offers free trials so if you’re that hard up for cash, it may be the way you can get these without actually paying for NSO. But you need to have Platinum Points to redeem them.
Just like Wave 1, Wave 2 contains:
- 6 new character icons – 10 Platinum Points each
- 10 new backgrounds – 5 Platinum Points each
- 6 new frames – 5 Platinum Points each
Here’s a gallery of them all: