The votes are in! You guys really blew us away with your entries. Despite a few outliers, disrespectful people not following the rules, or outright cheaters who tried to boost their reaction count with auto-liker apps, we were able to finally pick some winners to this one of a kind contest.
Grand Prize “Most Viral” People’s Choice
Entry #15 by SR388 Omega!
| = 308 likes = 182 reactions = 138 likes
Total = 628 votes
1st Place: Entry #69 by SWDavis
= 241 Likes = 132 Reactions = 82 Likes
Total = 455 votes
Runner-Up: Entry #74 by Frank
= 166 Likes = 58 Reactions = 68 Likes
Total = 483 votes
This contest was a lot of fun. I hope everyone enjoyed it. We had a few outliers, some disqualifications, and then there was someone who outright tried to cheat by artificially boosting his reaction count by using a Like-booster app. (Who does that!?) We hope you all enjoyed the contest and thank you to all of those who entered. Congratulations to everyone, you’re all winners in my book!
Just for kicks, here’s the final 10 memes based on voter count:
If you want to see all the memes, simply go to #memetroid on your Social Media platform of choice – Instagram, Twitter, or see our Facebook gallery.
The Metroid Database is launching a new contest today: The #Memetroid Contest. This contest will be eligible to anyone, but if you want to enhance your experience with it, we recommend you use any of the three social medias: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and we’ll explain why.
The #Memetroid Contest is as follows: Create a Metroid-themed or inspired meme. This is an “internet meme” which basically consists of an image file, usually containing a joke or is humorous and may or may not contain a caption within or alongside that image. The image is continuously shared by many people, and that shared joke proliferates throughout the internet.
The sky’s the limit on this one, and we’re really interested in seeing how creative you can be on creating these Metroid memes.
- Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure you include your name, or social media handle, or how your want your name to be displayed on your entry. IMPORTANT NOTE: Entries that are not emailed in to us (those that don’t follow Rule #1) will not be entered into the contest. Entries that simply use #memetroid will not be entered into the contest.
- Write “#Memetroid contest” in the subject of your email.
- The meme must contain some kind of reference to Metroid or the Metroid series. General video game references do not qualify.
- Any captions or text must be in English.
- Entries can be created with any medium you’d like (MS Paint, Photoshop, screenshots, photos etc.) as long as it’s an image file. If necessary, you may split up your entry into no more than 4 different images.
- For any images you submit, limit filesize to under 5MB, 5000x5000px. No animated gifs, or video entries/Vines. These must be static images.
- The entry must be OF YOUR OWN CREATION. However, it’s a “meme” so if that includes images/edits of pre-existing images, that is acceptable. The point is, the *idea* should be yours.
- Keep it PG-13, follow standard social media rules.
- One entry per person. No exceptions!
Dates of Contest
December 25, 2017 – January 27, 2018
But keep in mind: Don’t delay. The sooner you submit an entry, the higher the chances your entry can “go viral” and be eligible to achieve the People’s Choice award! Voting will close at midnight on January 28, 2018.
#Memetroid, People’s Choice
Here’s where things get a little tricky:
Each entry will be shared across all three platforms. How the community reacts to that entry will be added together and that is how we gather the total for each entry. If you want to share the meme on your own page, you can, BUT just make sure your followers know that they have to Like/React to the original on our page in order for their vote to count!
It will be quantified as such:
- Facebook: Most Reactions (aka Likes, Loves, Hahas, etc.)
- Twitter: Most Likes
- Instagram: Most Likes
The highest amount of fan reactions a single entry (meme) receives will be declared the winner.
Three Winners will be chosen
People’s Choice Award – You, our fans will choose your favorite! The “most viral” meme will be the Grand Prize winner.
Judges’ Choice – MDb Staff members will judge and choose the additional winners. There will be 1st place and a Runner-up.
Entries will be divided by these categories:
- Bonus points will be awarded based on dankness
What we don’t want to see:
- Pre-existing memes (even Metroid ones) that you’ve stolen or taken and barely edited, showed very little effort, or used makeameme or similar sites.
- Lame, unfunny jokes that are only funny to you and no one else.
- Lewd, crass, or disrespectful humor.
What’s a contest without prizes? This year is no different. We’ll be offering the following prizes to the winners:
Most Viral Grand Prize
Once again, we will be sharing all of our entries throughout the month-long period. Each entry will have the hashtag #memetroid attached to it so you can easily look at all the submissions.
CONTEST IS ELIGIBLE TO EVERYONE, WORLDWIDE!
Good luck! We look forward to seeing your entries.
P.S.: If you’ve won one of our giveaways or contests in the past, we politely request that you sit this one out!