Chapter 9 Samus was disappointed. Armstrong was her only hope. She thought that they, or it, would not mind her transmitting to a small ship with one man aboard. "Maybe I-". Samus was cut off by sirens. She looked around and could not tell what was going on. Then she had an idea. She saw Armstrong's ship blowing up another, the one with the friends that helped were on. "NO!" "What is wrong Aran?" "Those animals, they were....." She could not think of the words. "What?" "-my fr...." Just as Samus said that a map appeared on the glass. He was just entering the atmosphere of 3QR65, then the screen turned off. "Emergency, emergency, the subject has just touched down. Opening disrupter turrets 121-136." A new image appeared on the screen; Armstrong jumped out of his ship in his famous 'Samus wannabe suit'. "Firing cannons 121-136". Samus' heart started pounding. The cannons fired. _______________ Armstrong had just sent a emergency communications probe out to space from his landed ship when it detected a target lock. He got out, ran like hell and jumped behind a bolder as 15 cannons shot 3 times each at his ship. Twisted metal and other debree flew everywhere. "Damn...." He got up when the turrets retreated to their holding bays. He looked around and saw foot prints going to a bubble door. Walking to it a down-pour of acid rain started dumping on him. Armstrong ran to the door, the rain was making steam rise from his suit and the ground was already sucking at his boots. He walked in the cave expecting some kind of life, but only got rocks. "I guess I'll have to explore." he said out loud. He walked in 20 meters to find a whole in the ground, about a meter across, he went in. Shining his lights down Armstrong found bugs and mist. Then he arrived at a steal bubble door in the ground. "Hmmm" He looked around and found some odd shaped rocks. Armstrong picked up the rocks and opened the compartment in his leg to get a welder. Armstong began making a sort of crowbar shape. It felt strong so he jamed it beetween the metal, and the rock. Armstrong made several more and did the same. Then going up the walls a few feet he leapt on to each one prying the door open. ________________ Samus said sarcastically. Just as Samus thought that, she ripped of her mask letting the liquid cover her mouth. Samus' face started to turn blue. She opened her mouth but did not inhale. She was trying to put off the inevitable. "EMERGENCY EMERGENCY!!!!" INTRUDER ALERT SECTION 7-G SUBJECT: HUMAN NAME: 'HOUSTON, ARMSTRONG, S.' SUBJECT:HOSTILE" Samus heard shots and explosions. Screams of dying pirates whaled from the halls. Samus grabbed the mask and breathed as much as she could. __________ Armstrong's tactic was to shoot, dodge, shoot, dodge, shoot, dodge and shoot. He was running on 975 health, 32 missiles 21 super missiles and 50 power bombs. He made his way passed dead bodies. Samus' heart pounded when he broke into the main control room. Immediately she saw a diagram of the entire structure, then a dot where the ship was. Armstrong fired just above the tank making is explode into shattered bits of glass. With the mask still on Samus ran behind Armstrong as he made her road to freedom.